OMI Solutions (Pty) Ltd “OMI” is an Environmental and Agricultural Engineering consultancy, founded in 2018, offering an array of Environmental and Agricultural Engineering Solutions.
OMI is a Level 2 contributor to B-BBEE with 91% women ownership and 30% employee ownership. OMI has grown exponentially since 2018, establishing a Head office, an Apiary/Wings Sanctuary, and a Research Facility in South Africa’s Capital – Pretoria.
Vision & Mission
OMI's focus is on unique “Fit for Purpose Solutions”. Our Vision is to add value to our clients through implementation, not only through reporting. “Fit for Purpose Solutions” improve operational efficiency and reduce environmental liabilities and risk.
Our Mission is to “Make a Difference” by giving back to those who need help the most and for those who are already making a difference through conservation initiatives. Some of the initiatives that we have been involved in include illustrated children’s books, animated videos dedicated to conservation initiatives, fostering orphan elephants and supporting the Afrika Tikkun initiative that empowers youth from cradle to career. We proudly support Charities and NGOs/NPO’s based in the Middle East, Africa, and South Africa.
In 2020 we initiated the establishment of a “Wings Sanctuary”, starting our first Apiary (a bee farm), which doubled in size in 2021. In 2022 our apiary expanded exponentially with the acquisition of more bee colonies and the establishment of more apiary sites.
Environmental Legal Compliance
- OMI "Bee" SOLUTIONS: Easy to use compliance tools
- Legal Compliance Due Diligence and Reviews
- Environmental and Social Due Diligence Reviews
- Facilitating engagements with Regulatory Departments
- Water Use Licence Compliance Monitoring including water usage, water quality and water levels
- Dust fallout monitoring
- Biomonitoring (SASS5)
- Mini-SASS5 voluntary work
- Geohydrological investigations, including numerical groundwater modelling
- Mine dewatering and water supply studies
- Mine water management and water sealing
- Borehole drilling
- Aquifer testing
- Operational Water Balances
Financial Provisioning & Closure
- Assisting with Strategic Closure Planning
- Identification of:
- Life of Mine Strategies
- Cost Saving Initiatives
- Compilation of FP Assessments/Reports
Research, Development & Remediation
- Hydroponics & Aquaponics
- Establishment and management of a Wings Sanctuary for bees, butterflies and dragonflies
- Apiary (bee) farming establishment
- Licence applications
- Environmental Legal Applications
- Environmental Legal Authorisation processes and report writing
- Project management and facilitation
In October 2018 the odds were against us. All we could do was look up and let God be our “wings”, and with his plan we started this journey. The goal is to give back and make a positive impact.
OMI: The letter “O” is our Company colour, “Orange” and it is dedicated to our creative friends who through tough times helped with cash flow and to always remind us of our humble beginnings. The letter “M” is the first letter of the Founder's surname, “Mellett” and the letter “I” represents what the company stands for “Integrity”.
We choose to work with Integrity, we choose to lead with Integrity, and we choose to provide “Fit for Purpose Solutions” with Integrity.
Kindly Fill In The Form For Any Specific Enquiries Or Just To Say Hello.
We Have A Team Of Professionals Who Would Love To Get In Contact With You.